Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

Please forgive me. This recipe is anything but healthy. It is pretty tasty, though. :) It's one of those recipes that my mom made when I was young and I copied it before I left for college. I still have the recipe card that I wrote back in high school.

Sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilis
1 cup chopped, cooked chicken or turkey

* Combine all ingredients and stir until smooth.

Filling:
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onions

* Combine in separate bowl.

Other ingredients:
12-15 Corn tortillas
1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
cooking oil
sour cream
Cheese, grated, for topping

* Dip corn tortillas in hot oil to soften.
* Spread a small amount of sauce over each tortilla and place potion of filling (onion and cheese mixture) across center of tortilla.
* Roll each tortilla and place seam-side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
* Fill as many tortillas as you have filling for, but leave some of the sauce for the top of the enchiladas.
* Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, and then pour the can of enchilada sauce over the top.
* Sprinkle generously with cheese and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly hot.
* Serve with green onions, salsa, and/or sour cream.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy

9 comments:

  1. It's always fun to find recipes that I've never tried before. Your version of enchilada sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a version of this that we love. But I'm kind of a corn tortilla fan (I normally use flour) so I think I'm going to have to try it your way next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your all recipes thanks share these tasty recipes :)Online TV

    ReplyDelete
  4. your work is appreciable. Nice research you have been made.
    Dhow cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice informational blog. Keep on making such important blog post. Your work is really being appreciated by someone. Paper Writing Services
    Thesis Paper Writing
    Research Paper Writing
    Letter Writing Services

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try out any of these recipes, and if you have any requests! :)