My Favorite Taco Salad


My Mom made this for us growing up, and it is one of those recipes that I have continued to make for my own family. I simply love it! The only thing I've added over the years is the can of black beans. It stretches the meat filling. Yum!

Brown together 1 lb ground beef and 1 small onion, chopped
Add:
6 oz can tomato paste
8 oz can tomato sauce
3 6-oz cans of water
2 Tbsp sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp each: oregano, chili powder, and cumin

Cover and simmer slowly for 40 minutes. Add 1 cup cooked white rice and a can of black beans.

Serve on top of fritos corn chips and garnish with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, ranch dressing, sour cream, avacado, or any combination of the above! Beware: it really adds up—don’t overload that plate! ☺

How CandyMan likes to eat it:

How Reese likes to eat it:

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy

1 comment:

  1. have you tried adding xtra H2O and adding the rice w/o cooking it first? seems like it might save a step and there is time in the cooking ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try out any of these recipes, and if you have any requests! :)