New England Clam Chowder (Crock Pot)


I love to cook Clam Chowder in the Winter! And my family loves eating it! I was happy to find a crock pot version a few years ago. It is just as good as the original!

2 (7 oz) cans of clams, undrained
3 slices bacon, diced
1 onion, chopped
½ cup green onions, sliced
2 potatoes, finely diced
1 ½ cups water
¼ tsp pepper
1 can evaporated milk
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp thyme

Place clams and their liquid in crock pot. Saute bacon and onion until golden and place in crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients except evaporated milk. Cover and cook on low 6-9 hours or high 2 ½ -3 ½ hours. Stir in evaporated milk and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy

6 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I've never had clam chowder but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic and would be perfect for a cold day like today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this! Perfect for this weather! A little taste of New England down south :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to go shopping and this is on the menu. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha sent me over from PlayDatePicks.com!

    I have to say this sounds super yummy! I am going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like we will be trying another one of your recipies! i was just thinking we may reheat that pork for dinner tonight and I will shopn for canned clams this week...you think they have coupons for canned clams???? do you think they sell them in ga? we'll see

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try out any of these recipes, and if you have any requests! :)