Fresh Tomato and Spinach Pasta


I can't recommend this meal enough! It will now be on my all-time favorite list. I felt like I was eating at an Italian restaurant, and I never feel that way when I'm eating food I cooked. :)

8 oz. (2 2/3 cups) dried ziti or mostaccioli
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbps olive oil
3 cups coarsely chopped, seeded tomato (6 medium)
1/8 to ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
¼ cup Parmesan or Gorgonzola cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.

2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add tomato, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and red pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until tomato is warm and releases some of its juices. Stir in spinach; heat just until greens wilt.

3. To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture; sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites add to kirtsy

1 comment:

  1. We made this the other night and we loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you try out any of these recipes, and if you have any requests! :)